Besides having the best camera in the market, professional photography requires combining several other accessories and gadgets. This ensures that you capture smooth and quality videos and images while enjoying full control of your camera. Camera cranes are designed to provide you with complete control especially when filming panoramic scenes. They ensure you get enhanced performance without shakiness or diminishing the quality of your video. This article highlights some of the Top 10 Best Camera Cranes in 2023.
For professionals photographers and film-makers, having the right tools and accessories besides the camera can make a great difference in terms of quality as well as performance. Camera cranes come in a wide range of sizes, designs as well as applications. However, the main types of cranes include heavy-duty, medium-duty and lightweight camera cranes. With the wide range of options available in the market today, here is a comprehensive buyer’s guide to help you pick the most suitable camera crane for your needs.
List of 10 Best Camera Cranes in 2023
#10. Camgear DSLR Camera Crane
The Camgear DSLR Camera Crane is built to hold any type of DSLR camera weighing up to 12 pounds. The crane features a camera plate where you mount your camera, and it does not include a tripod or even counterweights. It is easy to use as well as mount the camera and allows you to maintain a parallel position to the ground ideal for shooting stable high-angle shots. This allows you to expand your creativity to new levels.
The camera crane is designed to provide you an amazing photography experience, capturing and filming dramatic moving shots. You only need to unlock the tilt handle to freely angle the camera. It features a mounting arm for your monitor while viewing live footage.
- Tilt the handle to freely angle the camera
- Mounting arm for you monitor while viewing live footage.
- Holds any DSLR camera weighing up to 12 pounds
- Does not include a tripod or even counterweights
- Camera plate to mount your camera
#9. KONOVA SUNJIB Camera Jib
The KONOVA SUNJIB Camera Jib is built with one of the best and creative balancing system with an inbuilt balancing bar on the inside. The crane is perfect for use with both ball head and flat base camera types providing you with unlimited photography possibilities. The camera crane is designed with minimized components with a solid body ideal for traveling as well as moving from one shooting location to another.
The camera crane features wide compatibility and a one-touch assembly which can be completed within 4 minutes. It is vibration-less and a penny would stand on it while filming.
- Wide compatibility and a one-touch assembly
- Minimized components with a solid body
- Creative balancing system with an inbuilt balancing bar
- Perfect for use with both ball head and flat base camera types
- Vibration-less operation
#8. PROAIM Camera Film Crane Jib
The PROAIM Camera Film Crane Jib comes with an 18 feet rectangular-shaped design. It is built to provide vibration-free and smooth shots from above or below your target. It features an aluminum and powder-coated construction to provide extra durability as well as stability. The versatile arm can be adjusted to be used as a 10ft or 14ft jib. It is designed with 5 ribbed sections for maximum strength.
The camera jib comes with an adjustable metal system with an easy and quick assembly. Also, it features a central fork equipped with thrust roller bearings to provide smooth movements and maximum stability. Its collapsible design allows for easy transport and storage.
- Collapsible design allows for easy transport and storage
- An adjustable metal system with an easy and quick assembly
- 18 feet rectangular-shaped design
- The arm can be adjusted to be used as a 10ft or 14ft jib
- Central fork equipped with thrust roller bearings
- Aluminum and powder-coated construction
#7. Glide Gear Camera DSLR Jib
By: Glide Gear
The Glide Gear Camera DSLR Jib is designed for DSLR cameras and has a maximum load capacity of up to 7 pounds. It is built with a telescoping jib that can be adjusted within the range of 4 to 8 feet, giving a total length of 12 feet. The camera crane features a strong tension cable that provides extra support allowing for smooth movements while taking moving shots.
The camera jib comes with a compact and lightweight design for easy portability as well as seamless operations. Its body is made of durable CNC aluminum that provides maximum support and stability.
- Portable, lightweight and compact design
- Made of durable CNC aluminum that provides maximum support
- The telescoping jib can be adjusted within the range of 4 to 8 feet
- Maximum load capacity of up to 7 pounds
- Strong tension cable that provides extra support
#6. PROAIM Astra Professional Camera Jib
The PROAIM Astra Camera Jib is built for shooting and capturing shots in compact and tight spaces. The crane comes with a 4 feet compact design ideal for professional photography and comes with a durable aluminum construction to provide maximum stability. The camera jib comes with a tool-less design and simple operation allowing you to assemble it within minutes, saving you plenty of production time.
The camera jib is built to provide top-quality and superior shots, adding incredible value to any production.
- Provide top-quality and superior shots
- Tool-less design and simple operation with quick assembly
- Durable aluminum construction to provide maximum stability
- Best mid-sized camera cranes in the market
- 4 feet compact design for capturing in tight spaces
#5. ProAm USA Orion Camera Jib Crane
By: ProAm USA
The ProAm USA Orion Camera Crane has been listed among the best-selling camera cranes in most online stores. It features a 4 feet long jib ideal for professional shooting, especially in tight and compact spaces. It is built with a powder-coated construction with a tool-less design allowing you to assemble it within minutes and saving you plenty of production time. Also, it features a smooth steel bearing that provides effortless motion on its axis.
The camera crane is built with a fully automatic tilting operation that ensures your camera is always balanced and leveled. It is easy to use and easily mounts on any standard tripod. The package does not include counterweights, a stand or even a tripod.
- Fully automatic tilting operation to level and balance the camera
- Easy to mount on any standard tripod
- Smooth steel bearing that provides effortless motion
- 4 feet long jib ideal for shooting in tight and compact spaces
- Powder-coated construction with a tool-less design
#4. Sevenoak Camera Jib/Crane
By: Sevenoak Store
The Sevenoak Camera Jib comes with a versatile and flexible design that can be mounted on any type of tripod. The crane is built to provide you with smooth motion when moving or tilting your camera in any direction. It comes with durable and superior construction made of carbon fiber. It is sturdy and comes with a maximum weight capacity of up to 11 pounds. Also, it is lightweight and weighs just 5.07 pounds.
The camera jib comes with a 1-year warranty and is perfect for most filming equipment including camcorders and DSLR. It provides smooth and gliding shots and its package includes a sandbag, carrying case and carabiner hook.
- 1-year warranty and is perfect for most filming equipment
- Includes a sandbag, carrying case and carabiner hook
- Maximum weight capacity of up to 11 pounds
- Lightweight and weighs just 5.07 pounds
- Flexible design that can be mounted on any type of tripod
- Durable and superior construction made of carbon fiber
#3. ProAm USA DVC210 Video Camera Crane
By: ProAm USA
The ProAm DVC210 Camera Crane is among the top-rated mid-sized cranes in the market today that combines excellent build, usable features as well as value for your money. The camera crane features a single rail design that achieves a lightweight design with an easy assembly that can be completed by one person within minutes. Also, it is complemented by a second rail that provides a stable and efficient tilt function.
The camera crane is built with a scratch-resistant and high-density powder coating to provide maximum and long-term durability. It is built to provide smooth and effortless motions and its tool-less design allows for quick assembly.
- Auto-tilt function for professional and quick results
- Tool-less design allows for quick assembly
- Over-slung camera design positions the camera at the top
- Single rail design that achieves a lightweight design
- A second rail that provides a stable and efficient tilt function
- Scratch-resistant and high-density powder coating
#2. ProAm Orion Video Camera Crane
By: ProAm USA
The ProAm Orion Camera Crane features a single rail design that provides a lightweight product and easy to assemble unit. The rail is further complemented by a more stable second rail that helps to achieve the tilting function. The crane can be extended to 5 inches from the tripod and features fluid steel bearing to provide effortless motion. It is made of premium aircraft aluminum, powder coated and a tool-less design for quick and easy assembly.
The camera crane comes with an L-shaped bracket allowing you to manually tilt the camera for more mobility when close to the ground.
- Single rail design that provides a lightweight product and easy to assemble the unit
- A more stable second rail that helps to achieve the tilting function
- Can be extended to 5 inches from the tripod
- Fluid steel bearing to provide effortless motion
- Premium aircraft aluminum, powder coated and a tool-less design
- L-shaped bracket allowing you to manually tilt the camera
#1. Neewer Aluminum-Alloy Camera Crane
By: Neewer Store
The Neewer Camera Crane features a versatile design allowing you to mount it on any tripod and providing unmatched flexibility when moving in any direction. The crane is made of superior aircraft aluminum alloy adopting CAM technology to provide high rigidity as well as high intensity. It features a 0.25 inches screw hold designed for mounting accessories such as LED lights or even magic arms.
The crane is perfect for various equipment including camcorders and DSLRs and comes with a total length of up to 177cm. It can hold cameras weighing up to 17.6 pounds and features a unique quick-release function.
- Can hold cameras weighing up to 17.6 pounds
- Total length of up to 177cm
- Made of superior aircraft aluminum alloy adopting CAM technology
- 0.25 inches screw hold designed for mounting accessories
- Unique quick-release function
Features to Consider when Buying Camera Cranes
- Stability: Capturing flawless shots requires a stable system. Ensure your crane can hold your camera’s weight. Also, it should efficiently balance the weight on both sides, while the camera is farther from the pivot.
- Portability: A portable camera crane allows you to move from one location to another with ease. It should feature a lightweight and compact design that allows for easy carrying as well as storage.
- Type of crane: With the numerous crane types available in the market, ensure you purchase a crane that suits your needs. Ensure it serves it purpose, made from quality materials and with the appropriate weight to avoid imbalance.
- Ease of use: When purchasing a camera crane, check that you can use it with ease without complicated controls. Among the best models feature a fluid head ensuring it never wears out.
- Maintenance: The ideal camera crane is easy to maintain, and will simply require a piece of cloth to wipe it clean. Also, it should be dustproof and weather-resistant allowing for long-term use.
There are various tools and accessories that are designed to enhance your photography experience, allowing you to capture and film flawless videos. Camera cranes are built to provide maximum stability especially while shooting panoramic scenes. They are designed to hold your camera providing you will full control of your shooting. If you are looking to get one, here is our pick of the Top 10 Best Camera Cranes in 2023 and a comprehensive buyer’s guide.